Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ballerina Party





Ava wanted a Ballerina party for her third birthday. I had so much fun finding creative ideas and making everything for her party. We cut out a life-sized ballerina from thick poster board and decorated it with pink glitter spray paint and a tutu from tulle.




 I found a great template for party hats at http://ohhappyday.com/2011/02/party-hats-diy-template/.

I painted a ballerina on  a 30" X 30"canvas for the girls to take pictures with. If I do this again I will cut the whole smaller so it is better fitted to their heads.



The cake was a basic white cake with butter cream frosting.I made ballet slippers from fondant as the cake topper with a ribbon laced through the top to tie them together.
The meringue cookies served as tutus for card stock ballerinas.In hindsight I wish I would have borrowed a cricket for the tiny ballerinas, cutting them all out by hand took forever!



 The cupcakes were topped with fondant leotards and ballet slippers. I found the cupcake wrapper template at http://gingerbumblebee.blogspot.com/2010/12/flannel-cupcake.html.





 The girls enjoyed the pink rice crispy treats and strawberry malt balls .


My cousins (excellent ballerinas) were kind enough to give  a mini ballet lesson at the party. It was so cute watching the little ones dance to the nutcracker soundtrack.


No comments:

Post a Comment